Erik Shimane, D.C.
Erik Shimane was born and raised on the island of O'ahu. Dr. Erik graduated from Kaiser High School and went on to earn a Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science from the University of Hawai'i Manoa. He achieved his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer West Chiropractic College in San Jose, CA and continues to obtain numerous post graduate certificates.
Dr. Erik also known as "Eazy" from elementary days has a wealth of knowledge and expertise with nutrition, dietary and herbal supplementation, neuromusculoskeletal pain, sports specific injuries and rehabilitation techniques. Dr. Erik has traveled across the world learning from a multitude of disciplines working in depth with biomechanics and rehabilitation from acute injuries and having the privilege working with the physically challenged. Dr. Erik specializes in Nutrition, Golf Fitness, Volleyball, Martial Arts and Dancing injuries.
In the past, Dr. Erik has been an on-field medical/chiropractic volunteer for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, Internationl Children Games, Ultimate International Karate Championships, North Face Endurance Challenge, San Francisco Full/Half Marathon, Honolulu Marathon, Santa Cruz Beach Volleyball Tournaments, Muddy Buddy, 24 Hours of Adrenaline and many more events. Dr. Erik continues to perform and compete in different competition such as breaking salsa and duo-straps aerial acts.
- Active Release Technique® (A.R.T.®) - Upper Extremity Level 1, Lower Extremity Level 1, Spine, Nerve Entrapment, Biomechanics, Masters, Active Palpation, Complex Protocols, Ironman Provider Network, Upper Extremity Level 2, Spine Level 2, & Lower Extremity Level 2.
- Titleist Performance Institute - Medical Professional Level 3, Junior Coach Level 3, Fitness Professional Level 3, Power Coach Level 2
- Nutrition, Herbal, Homeopathy: Standard Process, Mediherb, Energetix
- Morphogenic Field Technique - Certified Practitioner
- System Strength Analysis
- OTZ Health Education Systems
- Cranial Adjusting Turner Style (CATS) - Level 1, 2
- Active Isolated Stretching - Mattes Method
- Kinesio® Taping Technique, Rock Tape,
- HawkGrip, Graston® Technique
- Anatomy Trains - Survey Course
- Functional Movement Systems: SFMA Level 1, FMS Level 1
- Olympic Weight Lifting Coach
- Lower Quarter Biomechanics
- Spine Rehabilitation
- Cold Laser